Dundalk IT Campus Visit
Friday 11th November 2016
The following are some questions that may be asked at Open Days. Remember, the purpose of thee open days is that you, the student, leave feeling fully informed about the university / IT / College of Further Education, so make sure to ask lots of questions!
Areas/Courses of Interest:
Possible Questions for Student Ambassadors:
- What are the subject requirements for this course?
- What is the entry route (CAO, direct application)?
- What were the points requirements for 2016?
- What is the capitation / registration fee in 2016?
- Are there any other expenses associated with this course e.g.: is a laptop required?
- How many hours’ lectures are there per week?
- How is the course delivered – lectures, classes, tutorials?
- How are subjects assessed – written/oral exams and/or individual/team projects, presentations, continuous assessment etc.?
- When do exams take place – e.g. one set of summer exams or Christmas and summer exams etc.?
- Is there an opportunity for work experience?
- Is there an opportunity to study abroad?
- Are students assigned a tutor/mentor to help them if they have difficulties?
- What supports are available if a student is having difficulty with the academic workload?
- Approximately how many people are accepted onto the course each year?
- Will I have to do further study to gain a professional qualification?
- What areas of work do graduates of this course go into?
- What facilities are available on campus? Career Guidance, Personal Counselling, Gym, Students’ Centre, Computers, Library, Accommodation etc.
- What is student life like – clubs and societies?
- Cost and availability of student accommodation?
- Is a portion of campus accommodation reserved for First Years?
- What are the transport links like?
Reflection on the day…
1. What impressed you most about your visit to Dundalk IT?
2. What course(s) are you most interested in?
3. Will you consider applying to Dundalk IT through CAO this year?