Guidance and Counselling in Presentation Secondary School Wexford
Aims of Guidance programme
The aim of the Guidance Programme in the Presentation Secondary School is to promote and develop Guidance in our school.
There are 2 Guidance Counsellors in Presentation Wexford
Ms. Brid Kavanagh and Mr Damien Nugent
We place particular emphasis on:
· Transition from Primary school and Induction to Second level
· Transition from Junior cycle to Senior cycle
· Leaving Certificate Vocation Programme
· Transition from second level to Higher & Further Ed /Training.
We are involved in a range of activities which may be offered on an individual , group or class basis
A wide variety of guidance and counselling activities are provided by the school. These include:
To Make an appointment
· Appointments may be made directly by the students.
· Referrals may also be made by teachers or parents.
· They will be arranged on a first come basis unless the matter is urgent.
· One appointment will be made for each 6thyr and TY/3rd yr (going into senior cycle) during the course of the year.Students may make further appointments as required.
The Careers Library
Students may with Guidance Counsellor’s permission, use the resources to research career information. Students may not borrow books or remove from the Careers Library