Adolescence is a challenging time during which many changes occur and important decisions are made. Students may need help and Guidance during their time in school.
Here at Piper’s Hill College the Guidance service offers guidance and support in the areas of :
- Personal and Social development
- Educational Guidance
- Career Guidance
Motivation, Learning and Self Management. Practical advice in study and exam preparation.
Information and guidance on subject choices, courses and levels for study. Advice and information on 3rd Level study and choices available.
Personal and social development
Support and advice in times of particular need or crisis.
A wide variety of guidance and counselling activities are provided by the school. These include:
- Counselling is offered as part of a developmental learning process or at moments of crisis.
- Educational Guidance-study skills, subject choice, time management skills
- Career Guidance – career decision making skills ,job search skills.
- Classroom activities
- Personal and Social developmental Programmes
- Referral- organises the provision of additional assistance from outside agencies following agreed procedures with parents and local agencies.