The 2017 competition for Temporary Clerical Officer (TCO) with the Civil Service is now open. Closing date is 12 noon on Wednesday 15th February 2017.
Public Service bodies and agencies require temporary clerical staff from time to time to fill vacancies in various locations throughout the country. Many of the vacancies occur during the summer period.
The terms and conditions, including the duration and period of temporary contracts offered will vary from post to post.
Role of Temporary Clerical Officer
The duties of temporary clerical staff may vary depending on the nature of work carried out by the employing organisation. This involves such clerical/ administrative tasks which may be assigned to the employee from time to time by the organisation.
The following outlines the type of work that you may be required to undertake, if appointed.
- General clerical duties e.g. filing, photocopying, answering/making telephone calls, dealing with e-mails, reception desk, etc;
- Supporting line-managers and colleagues
- Working as part of a team in delivering services
- Dealing with the public/customers e.g. responding to queries and providing information;
- Use of Information Technology e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database, e-mail and internet.
- Routine accounts work
In certain instances positions may arise where specialist skills or experience is required e.g. accounts, language skills, etc. Suitable candidates may be selected for the purpose of filling such vacancies.
Candidates should have:
(a) previous relevant work experience, preferably in a customer service office environment;
(b) Appropriate level and experience of relevant ICT Skills, e.g. proficiency in Word, Excel, e-mail etc;
(c) relevant knowledge and skills to undertake the duties of the position, including the ability to:
- take direction / follow instructions;
- organise and prioritise work effectively;
- work well with the public and colleagues;
- be flexible in their approach to work;
- be able to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner;
(d) fulfil the requirements set out below as to age, citizenship, health & character.
be at least 16 years of age (i.e. born on or before 16 th February, 2001).
Closing Date: Wednesday noon 15th February 2017
Questionnaire Link by: Wednesday 22nd February 2017
Questionnaire must be completed by: Monday noon 27th February, 2017
You must read the Information booklet before proceeding with your application.
For more information and to apply see PublicJobs.ie - please click here.
The CareersPortal Team