Aer Lingus has opened applications for its Future Pilot Programme and the recruitment drive will see increased efforts to attract more female applicants to the programme. The airline is seeking applicants who are passionate about pursuing a career as a pilot with "Ireland's only 4 stars airline". Recent research conducted by Red C for Aer Lingus has highlighted certain barriers which have contributed to the low number of female applicants applying to trainee pilot programmes. The company aims to use these findings to improve their recruitment process and attract more female applicants.
Aer Lingus is seeking applicants who have excellent interpersonal skills, are strong communicators and are flexible and willing to work unsociable hours. In terms of skills, the airline is seeking those with technical aptitude, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and strong teamworking capabilities.
*The Red C survey was conducted among 500 adults, aged 18 to 30, 350 of which were female and 150 were male.*
In order to be considered for the programme candidates must meet certain criteria.
- Be 18 years of age on or before January 1st, 2019
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Be eligible to live and work permanently in the EU
- Have an up-to-date unrestricted passport
- Be able to pass an airport security vetting procedure, including a five-year background check
- Provide two verifiable references
- Be able to obtain an EASA / IAA issued Class 1 Medical, including successfully passing a colour blindness test
- If you are a non-Irish citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- You must have passed your Leaving Certificate (6 subjects) or equivalent
- You must have obtained O5 grades in English and Mathematics at ordinary level or H6 at higher level in the Leaving Certificate
- You must also have a minimum of 2 higher level subjects with a minimum of H5 grades in the Leaving Certificate
- GCSE Mathematics and English must be minimum of grade C plus
- 3 A Levels taken at A2 level in any subject with minimum grades C,C,D
- A minimum of a Level 7 third level (ordinary degree) in any discipline
- Completed an aviation-related apprenticeship
See the Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme details and Apply HERE.
Learn more about the Aviation Industry HERE.
See the occupational profile for a Pilot HERE.