The Accounting Technician Apprenticeship, launched in September 2017, is an exciting and innovative new route to accountancy. Graduates of this programme will be fully qualified Accounting Technicians with two years solid work experience and a pathway open to become a fully qualified accountant. This is an alternative route to university studies for school leavers and mature students.
Overview of the Accounting Technician Apprenticeship
- Practical and fully funded programme that pays you a minimum of €17,797 as you work to achieve a Level 6 QQI Advanced Certificate Award over a two-year programme.
- Apprentices work four days a week with an employer in the industry practice or the public sector, and study one day a week in a participating college.
- Work placement allows you to get solid on the ground training where you can put your work into practice with mentor support.
- You graduate as a fully qualified Accounting Technician with two years’ work experience.
- You have the option of further study and training as a fully qualified accountant. You will qualify for some exemptions on professional body accountancy exams such as ACCA and CPA.
The CareersPortal Team