HEAR and DARE are supported college and university access initiatives aimed at school-leavers - both aim to increase third-level participation rates among people from under-represented groups. The colleges participating in the schemes set aside a quota of places with reduced points and make these available to eligible students. A series of application advice clinics will be held in January. Clinic dates are outlined below.
DARE is the disability access route. It offers college places on a reduced points basis to school leavers, under 23 years, with a disability. Further information about DARE is available here.
HEAR is the higher education access route - an admissions route for school leavers who, for social, financial or cultural reasons, are under-represented in third level education. For further information about HEAR click here.
HEAR and DARE Application Advice Clinics 2018
Each year, information and advice clinics take place in various locations around the country in advance of the CAO deadline. The purpose of these help sessions is to answer any questions applicants may have and make the application process as accesible as possible.
Saturday 20th January 2018 is the designated clinic date for application and advice clinics around the country.
Intending applicants are invited to drop by anytime between 10.00 am and 2.00 pm and talk to DARE and HEAR advisors about your application. Information videos will also be shown. Applicants, their parents, guardians, teachers, and guidance counsellors are welcome to attend.
DARE and HEAR CLINIC VENUES 2018
- Dublin: Trinity Access Programme, Goldsmith Hall, Pearse St., Dublin 2
- Donegal: Villa Rose Hotel, Ballybofey
- Galway: NUIG Galway, Aula Maxima Lower
- Kildare: Maynooth University, Phoenix Building, North Campus
- Kilkenny: Maynooth University, Kilkenny Campus, College Road
- Limerick: University of Limerick, Kemmy Business School
- Monaghan: Glencarn Hotel, Castleblaney
- Midlands: Athlone Institute of Technology, Coffee Dock Main Building, Dublin Road, Athlone
- Sligo: Glasshouse Hotel, Sligo
Additional advice clinics are taking place on alternative dates in January as follows:
- Kerry: The Rose Hotel, Tralee Wednesday 17th January 2018, 5-8pm
- Waterford: Woodlands Hotel, Dunmore Road. 23rd January 2018: 6-8pm
- Wexford: Ferrycarrig Hotel, Wexford Thursday 18th January 2018, 2-7pm
For full details and direction to venues see www.accesscollege.ie
The CareersPortal Team