Higher Options 2017 takes place this week on Wednesday 13th, Thursday 14th & Friday 15th, September 2017 at the RDS Simmonscourt, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. It's the perfect opportunity for 6th Year, 5th Year and TY students to connect directly with third level colleges and universities and ask questions. There will also be a big focus this year on apprenticeships.
The CareersPortal Team will be available over the three days of the event at Stand 71, just across from coffee shop. Please feel free to call to our stand with any questions you might have. You can also take the Careers Portal Interest-Profiler (CPIP) to measure the relative strengths of your interests and get a free printable report containing a summary of your career interests, along with some occupations that match your interest profile.
Making the most out of your visit to Higher Options
- Plan your visit in advance and make the most of your day.
- Check out the full list of colleges and universities taking part this year and what stand number they are located at. A printable Higher Options 2017 map is available here.
- Identify the colleges you particularly want to talk to before you go to the event.
- Have your questions worked out so that you get any information you need.
- Check out the schedule of talks and lectures that will be taking place and note the times of the ones of interest to you to make sure you get to attend them.
The Irish Times Higher Options is held in association with the Institute of Guidance Counsellors.
Minister for Education & Skills Richard Bruton TD, with Beatrice Dooley, Vice President of the Institute of Guidance Counsellors at the Launch of Higher Options 2017.