Higher Options 2019 takes place next week on Wednesday 18th, Thursday 19th & Friday 20th, September 2019 at the RDS Simmonscourt, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. It's the perfect opportunity for 6th Year, 5th Year and TY students to connect directly with third level colleges and universities and ask any questions which will be answered directly by the colleges. There will also be a big focus on apprenticeships again this year at the event.
For hundreds of thousands of students, over several decades, the Higher Options fair has been the start of their journey into adult life. It’s here that you’ll find, under one roof, hundreds of third-level and further-education options, both in Ireland and abroad.
The CareersPortal Team will be available over the three days of the event at Stand 49, just across from coffee shop beside the main entrance. Please feel free to call to our stand with any questions you might have. You can also take the Careers Portal Interest-Profiler (CPIP) to measure the relative strengths of your interests and see how these interest match up with careers and occupations. Get a free printable report containing a summary of your career interests, along with some occupations that match your interest profile.
How to Make the most out of your visit to Higher Options
- Plan your visit in advance and make the most of your day.
- Check out the full list of colleges and universities taking part this year and what stand number they are located at. A printable Higher Options 2019 map is available here.
- Identify the colleges you particularly want to talk to before you go to the event.
- Have your questions worked out so that you get any information you need.
- Check out the schedule of talks and lectures that will be taking place and note the times of the ones of interest to you to make sure you get to attend them.
The Irish Times Higher Options is held in association with the Institute of Guidance Counsellors.
Guidance Counsellor Training/CPD in CareersPortal and Reach+ Career and College Preparation Programme will take place upstairs in the teachers coffee room from 10am to 2pm during the 3 days of the event. Please call by to ask any questions, sit down with one of our Guidance Counsellors or pick up some posters.