KCETB are currently recruiting for a NEW Career Traineeship with Cartoon Saloon - Animation Studio Assistant.
The Animation Studio Assistant Career Traineeship is an innovative partnership between Cartoon Saloon and Kilkenny and Carlow ETB.
Cartoon Saloon is a traditional style animation studio specializing in the production of 2-D animation. Based in Kilkenny, and established in 1999 as an informal partnership between a group of animators brought together by Paul Young, Nora Twomey and Tomm Moore, Cartoon Saloon has grown into a multi-award winning animation and illustration design studio. It has been nominated in the Oscars animation category for Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea. They recently launched an exciting new partnership with a Canadian company Mercury Film Works, Lighthouse Studios.
This venture proposes to employ 140 people over the next two years.
This work based learning model is facilitated by industry identifying their needs and skills shortages and KCETB delivering a specific training programme based on the companies need.
Learners participating on this programme will develop key industry knowledge skills and competencies equipping them to access employment in the industry. The programme is delivered through workplace learning and a classroom environment. Learners are supported at all times by the Company and KCETB.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To address the skill requirements in the animation industry.
- To provide opportunities for participants on the programme to develop specific skills as part of the animation process.
- Equip participants with entry level skills required for progression in the industry.
- To offer certification opportunities to learners at levels 4 - 5 on the QQI framework.
In recognition of the recruitment and progression opportunities within the animation industry, the programme will offer learners the opportunity to develop a Portfolio showcasing their skills and competencies in Animation. This will be compiled in close co-operation and support by mentors in Cartoon Saloon.
What career outcomes are developed for participants?
The programme has been designed to fulfill two possible progression routes.
1. Entry level into the Animation Industry in a position as an ink and paint assistant or as a compositor. These jobs have the possibility to evolve into a number of higher positions within the industry such as: *Clean Up Animation Assistant *Ink and Paint Operator / Assistant *Composition Assistant
2. Continuing Further Education and Training using their detailed portfolio as an introduction to level 6 or 7 within the QQI framework.
For further details please contact: KCETB Training Services 056 7813014
Find out more here
The CareersPortal Team