If you display a curiosity for the fundamental questions of life such as:
- How did the universe begin?
- How will the universe change in the future?
- How does the Sun keep on shining?
- What are the basic building blocks of matter?
You may be surprised to learn that these are the very questions that underpin Physics!!!
You don’t need to be a science nerd like Einstein to be into physics; in fact physics spans across a vast spectrum of careers, you may be surprised to learn just how many areas are based in physics.
Physics is applied in every sphere of human activity, including:
- Development of sustainable forms of energy production
- Predicting the weather
- Understanding climate change
- Insulating our homes
- Testing and improving our eyesight and hearing
- Treating cancer, through radiotherapy, and diagnosing illness through various types of imaging
- Developing computer games
- Design and manufacture of sports equipment
- Understanding and predicting earthquakes
- Launching a rocket
- Solve crimes
- Investigate how animals communicate
…in fact, pretty much every sector you can think of needs people with physics knowledge.
The technology our lives depend on; be it socially, at work or to literally keep us alive, are all firmly rooted in the study of physics.
Check out the image below for a sample of some of the exciting careers physics can lead you into.
For more information on physics read ‘What is the Study of Physics?’
Image courtesy of Institute of Physics Ireland
The CareersPortal Team