Eir has announced that applications for its earn and learn programme are now open and the company is looking to hire up to 50 trainee telecommunications technicians. Eir says that the programme will give successful applicants the opportunity "to develop practical skills in a market leading company that is at the cutting edge of technological innovation in Ireland." The Telecommunications Technician programme runs for two years and combines on-the-job experience with off-the-job training, which will take place at TU Dublin - Tallaght. Upon successful completion of the programme, candidate will be awarded a QQI Level 6 Higher Certificate in Telecommunications and Data Networks. The 2019 programme is set to commence in November.
These "earn and learn" programmes offer candidates the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in their field while simultaneously working towards a qualification. The Eir programme will offer trainee technicians first-hand experience in the field and candidates will be able to benefit from the mentorship of experienced professionals (Buddy Technicians). This guidance will enable trainees to develop their skills and aspire towards a successful career in Eir.
The entry requirements for the programme are as follows:
- Leaving Certificate OR Equivalent, must have passed a minimum of 6 subjects (must include a pass in maths)
- Flexibility - you will be required to be based in/ move to different locations around the country
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Eager and willing to learn new skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about technology
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team player
N.B Please note: To be eligible for this programme you must have a full driving licence on or before August 2019.
Benefits & Rewards:
- A long-term career path
- Top performers will be offered a permanent role within Ei.
- 22 Days Holidays
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Mobile Phone
- Access to facilities at TU Dublin
The closing date for applications is Thursday the 11th of July, 2019.