The Civil Service is currently recruiting Clerical Officers in County Dublin.As a Clerical Officer in the Civil Service, you may work in one of the main Departments of Government or one of the many Offices of the State.
The nature of the work carried out by clerical staff may vary depending on the business being conducted by the employing organisation. The following reflects the typical duties you may be required to undertake:
- General clerical work e.g. filing, photocopying, answering/making telephone calls, dealing with emails, reception desk duties, etc. under the supervision of a designated manager
- Supporting line-managers and colleagues
- Working as part of a team in delivering services
- Communicating and dealing with the public/customers e.g. responding to queries and providing information face-to-face, by telephone or via email
- Providing the highest quality standards in customer service
- Using Information Technology on a daily basis, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and internet
- Maintaining high quality records in a thorough and organised manner
- Checking all work thoroughly to ensure it is completed to a high standard
- Carrying out routine accounts work
- Approaching work in a careful and methodical manner, displaying accuracy at all times, even when conducting routine/repetitive work.
Candidates must, on the closing date of 30th April 2019:
- have the requisite knowledge, skills and competencies to carry out the role;
- be capable and competent of fulfilling the role to a high standard;
- have a good general level of education;
- be at least 17 years of age on or before the closing date of 30th April 2019;
- fulfil Citizenship, Health & Character, Garda Vetting & Security Clearance and Reference
- ensure that they meet the criteria regarding Public & Civil Service Redundancy/ Ill Health Retirement Schemes
Applications must be made online through www.publicjobs.ie
The Public Appointments Service will establish a panel of suitably qualified individuals to fill vacancies which may arise in the Civil Service within County Dublin only.