Biopharma is a buoyant industry in Ireland and it is growing from strength-to-strength with approx. 20 biologics manufacturing sites operating in Ireland. In the last decade there has been capital investment in the region of $10 billion in new facilities. This represents close to the biggest wave of investment in new BioTech facilities anywhere in the world.
The biopharma sector is forecast to add 8,400 new jobs up to 2020.
Some of the big biopharma companies based in Ireland include: MSD, Eurofins, Amgen, Takeda and Bristol-Myers Squib.
Did you know . . .
Ireland is a world leader in biopharma
- 10 of the top 10 world’s pharmaceutical companies are located here.
- Ireland is the 7th largest exporter of medicinal and pharmaceutical products in the world (2014).
- Ireland’s total biopharma exports in 2017 was €67.8bn
- 75 Pharmaceutical companies operate in Ireland
- 40 FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved companies in Ireland
Click here to read 5 Ways Ireland is an Attractive Location for Biopharma Companies
The CareersPortal Team