In Summary - Staff Relations Official
Staff Relations Officials typically work in the following Career Sectors:
Videos & Interviews
Yvonne Brady, HR Manager
Yvonne Brady is the Area HR Manager in the Hilton Hotel in Dublin. To date she has qualified as a Chef, Diet Chef and Pastry Chef. She continued her studies while working and completed a certificate, followed by a degree in Hotel & Catering Management. She then completed a Diploma in Human Resources Management and is currently doing a Diploma in Employment Law. She has been with Hilton now for over 7 years and has been promoted 3 times.
Videos on the Web
- Staff Relations Official- from: Youtube Search
The Work - Staff Relations Official
Most commonly reported Work Tasks
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
- Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Gather personnel records from other departments or employees.
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Answer questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
- Request information from law enforcement officials, previous employers, and other references to determine applicants' employment acceptability.
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
- Arrange for advertising or posting of job vacancies, and notify eligible workers of position availability.
Most commonly reported Work Activities
- Getting Information Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Interacting With Computers Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Performing Administrative Activities Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Processing Information Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Documenting/Recording Information Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
Interests - Staff Relations Official
This occupation is typically suited for people with the following Career Interests:
The Social person's interests focus on interacting with the people in their environment. In all cases, the Social person enjoys the personal contact with other people in preference to the impersonal dealings with things, data and ideas found in other groups.
Many will seek out positions where there is direct contact with the public in some advisory role, whether a receptionist or a counsellor. Social people are motivated by an interest in different types of people and like diversity in their work environments. Many are drawn towards careers in the caring professions and social welfare area, whilst others prefer teaching and other 'informing' roles.
Enterprising people like situations that involve using resources for personal or corporate economic gain. Such people may have an opportunistic frame of mind, and are drawn to commerce, trade and making deals. Some pursue sales and marketing occupations. Many will eventually end up owning their own business, or in management roles in larger organisations. They tend to be very goal-oriented and work best when focused on a target. Some have an entrepreneurial inclination.
Administrative people are interested in work that offers security and a sense of being part of a larger process. They may be at their most productive under supervisors who give clear guidelines and while performing routine tasks in a methodical and reliable way.
They tend to enjoy clerical and most forms of office work, where they perform essential administrative duties. They often form the backbone of large and small organisations alike. They may enjoy being in charge of office filing systems, and using computers and other office equipment to keep things running smoothly. They usually like routine work hours and prefer comfortable indoor workplaces.
Entry Requirements - Staff Relations Official
Pay & Salary - Staff Relations Official
Salary Range (thousands per year)* 30k - 90k
Industrial Relations Manager: 40 - 90
Industrial Relations Officer: 30 - 60
Employee Relations Manager: 35 - 90
Employee Relations Officer: 35 - 55
Sigmar / CPL / Hudson / Abrivia / Lincoln
Last Updated: February, 2017
* The lower figures typically reflect starting salaries. Higher salaries are awarded to those with greater experience and responsibility. Positions in Dublin sometimes command higher salaries.