In Summary - Fund Administrator
Fund Administrators typically work in the following Career Sectors:
Videos on the Web
- Fund Administrator- from: Youtube Search
The Work - Fund Administrator
Most commonly reported Work Tasks
- Manage investment funds to maximize return on client investments.
- Select specific investments or investment mixes for purchase by an investment fund.
- Analyze acquisitions to ensure conformance with strategic goals or regulatory requirements.
- Select or direct the execution of trades.
- Develop or implement fund investment policies or strategies.
- Develop or direct development of offering documents or marketing materials.
- Evaluate the potential of new product developments or market opportunities, according to factors such as business plans, technologies, or market potential.
- Identify group or individual target investors for a specific fund.
- Meet with investors to determine investment goals or to discuss investment strategies.
- Monitor regulatory or tax law changes to ensure fund compliance or to capitalize on development opportunities.
Interests - Fund Administrator
This occupation is typically suited for people with the following Career Interests:
Administrative people are interested in work that offers security and a sense of being part of a larger process. They may be at their most productive under supervisors who give clear guidelines and while performing routine tasks in a methodical and reliable way.
They tend to enjoy clerical and most forms of office work, where they perform essential administrative duties. They often form the backbone of large and small organisations alike. They may enjoy being in charge of office filing systems, and using computers and other office equipment to keep things running smoothly. They usually like routine work hours and prefer comfortable indoor workplaces.
Enterprising people like situations that involve using resources for personal or corporate economic gain. Such people may have an opportunistic frame of mind, and are drawn to commerce, trade and making deals. Some pursue sales and marketing occupations. Many will eventually end up owning their own business, or in management roles in larger organisations. They tend to be very goal-oriented and work best when focused on a target. Some have an entrepreneurial inclination.
Entry Requirements - Fund Administrator
Pay & Salary - Fund Administrator
Salary Range (thousands per year)* 25k - 155k
Fund Administrator: 26 - 32
Settlements Manager: 35 - 60
Settlements Team Leader: 40 - 47
Settlements Administrator: 20 - 40
Head of Compliance: 70 - 160
Compliance Manager: 40 - 100
Compliance Officer: 22 - 60
Custody Administrator: 21 - 45
Head of Custody: 60 - 145
Senior Custody Manager: 55 - 100
Custody Manager: 40 - 90
Custody Supervisor: 32 - 60
CPL / Morgan McKinley / Brightwater / Sigmar
Last Updated: March, 2017
* The lower figures typically reflect starting salaries. Higher salaries are awarded to those with greater experience and responsibility. Positions in Dublin sometimes command higher salaries.
Labour Market Updates - Fund Administrator
With over 50,000 persons employed, job opportunities are likely to continue in this occupation in areas such as fund accountants, accounts payable/receivable and payroll. This occupation had over 8,700 recent job hires in 2017 indicating a high level of churn is occurring. Employment totals are expected to fall in the coming years due to the impact of outsourcing and automation in these roles.
National Skills Bulletin 2018