In Summary - Compliance Manager
Videos on the Web
- Compliance Manager- from: Youtube Search
The Work - Compliance Manager
Most commonly reported Work Tasks
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
- Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
- Verify that all firm and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
Most commonly reported Work Activities
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Documenting/Recording Information Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Getting Information Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Analyzing Data or Information Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Developing and Building Teams Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
Interests - Compliance Manager
This occupation is typically suited for people with the following Career Interests:
Administrative people are interested in work that offers security and a sense of being part of a larger process. They may be at their most productive under supervisors who give clear guidelines and while performing routine tasks in a methodical and reliable way.
They tend to enjoy clerical and most forms of office work, where they perform essential administrative duties. They often form the backbone of large and small organisations alike. They may enjoy being in charge of office filing systems, and using computers and other office equipment to keep things running smoothly. They usually like routine work hours and prefer comfortable indoor workplaces.
Enterprising people like situations that involve using resources for personal or corporate economic gain. Such people may have an opportunistic frame of mind, and are drawn to commerce, trade and making deals. Some pursue sales and marketing occupations. Many will eventually end up owning their own business, or in management roles in larger organisations. They tend to be very goal-oriented and work best when focused on a target. Some have an entrepreneurial inclination.
Realists are usually interested in 'things' - such as buildings, mechanics, equipment, tools, electronics etc. Their primary focus is dealing with these - as in building, fixing, operating or designing them. Involvement in these areas leads to high manual skills, or a fine aptitude for practical design - as found in the various forms of engineering.
Realists like to find practical solutions to problems using tools, technology and skilled work. Realists usually prefer to be active in their work environment, often do most of their work alone, and enjoy taking decisive action with a minimum amount of discussion and paperwork.
Entry Requirements - Compliance Manager
Pay & Salary - Compliance Manager
Salary Range (thousands per year)* 25k - 95k
Compliance Manager: 40 - 95
Compliance Officer: 25 - 60
Sigmar / Brightwater / CPL / Robert Walters / Hudson / Abrivia / Lincoln
Last Updated: March, 2017
* The lower figures typically reflect starting salaries. Higher salaries are awarded to those with greater experience and responsibility. Positions in Dublin sometimes command higher salaries.
Labour Market Updates - Compliance Manager
Employment growth was low for this occupation group, and, indeed, declined in the most recent year. Although they feature in the vacancy data, the recent job hires analysis indicates that churn is a significant factor in these openings. Declines in employment levels are expected to continue as some tasks become automated, although replacement demand for such a large occupation will continue to translate into job opportunities.
National Skills Bulletin 2018