In Summary - Fund Manager
Fund Managers typically work in the following Career Sectors:
Videos on the Web
- Fund Manager- from: Youtube Search
- Fund Accounting Manager - from: icould [UK] Video
The Work - Fund Manager
Most commonly reported Work Tasks
- Manage investment funds to maximize return on client investments.
- Select specific investments or investment mixes for purchase by an investment fund.
- Analyze acquisitions to ensure conformance with strategic goals or regulatory requirements.
- Select or direct the execution of trades.
- Develop or implement fund investment policies or strategies.
- Develop or direct development of offering documents or marketing materials.
- Evaluate the potential of new product developments or market opportunities, according to factors such as business plans, technologies, or market potential.
- Identify group or individual target investors for a specific fund.
- Meet with investors to determine investment goals or to discuss investment strategies.
- Monitor regulatory or tax law changes to ensure fund compliance or to capitalize on development opportunities.
Interests - Fund Manager
This occupation is typically suited for people with the following Career Interests:
Enterprising people like situations that involve using resources for personal or corporate economic gain. Such people may have an opportunistic frame of mind, and are drawn to commerce, trade and making deals. Some pursue sales and marketing occupations. Many will eventually end up owning their own business, or in management roles in larger organisations. They tend to be very goal-oriented and work best when focused on a target. Some have an entrepreneurial inclination.
Administrative people are interested in work that offers security and a sense of being part of a larger process. They may be at their most productive under supervisors who give clear guidelines and while performing routine tasks in a methodical and reliable way.
They tend to enjoy clerical and most forms of office work, where they perform essential administrative duties. They often form the backbone of large and small organisations alike. They may enjoy being in charge of office filing systems, and using computers and other office equipment to keep things running smoothly. They usually like routine work hours and prefer comfortable indoor workplaces.
The Social person's interests focus on interacting with the people in their environment. In all cases, the Social person enjoys the personal contact with other people in preference to the impersonal dealings with things, data and ideas found in other groups.
Many will seek out positions where there is direct contact with the public in some advisory role, whether a receptionist or a counsellor. Social people are motivated by an interest in different types of people and like diversity in their work environments. Many are drawn towards careers in the caring professions and social welfare area, whilst others prefer teaching and other 'informing' roles.
Entry Requirements - Fund Manager
Pay & Salary - Fund Manager
Salary Range (thousands per year)* 22k - 90k
Fund Accounting Manager: 43 - 76
Fund Accountant / Supervisor: 32 - 60
Trustee Officer: 22 - 60
Trustee Manager: 45 - 90
CPL / Morgan McKinley / Brightwater / PayScale.com
Last Updated: March, 2017
* The lower figures typically reflect starting salaries. Higher salaries are awarded to those with greater experience and responsibility. Positions in Dublin sometimes command higher salaries.