National Skills Competition 2016
Competition terms and conditions
Before participating in the Competition a person (an "Entrant" or "you") must read through and accept these terms and conditions. If you enter the Competition you are deemed to have unconditionally accepted these terms and conditions; if you do not agree to these the terms and conditions and do not accept them, then you are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
The person running this Competition is CareersPortal (Durrow Communications Ltd.)
- These terms and conditions apply to the National Career Skills competition being run by CareersPortal.ie in which an Entrant can win an Apple MacBookAir; A set of Dr Dre Beats or a Creative Bluetooth Speaker.
- Entrants must be attending Second Level School in the Republic of Ireland.
- No more than one entry per person will be considered for competition.
- CareersPortal reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility and the identity of Entrants and to require proof of age. A Prize may be withheld until and unless the organiser is satisfied with the verification.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- The winner of the Competition will be the Entrant/s selected by the organisers. The decision to award a Prize is final and no correspondence will be entered into with Entrants. Competition winners' details are available on the CareersPortal website.
- From 2015, only one Prize per Entrant is permitted during the course of their Secondary School education.
- The Competition is only open to people in those categories identified in these terms and conditions as being permitted to enter or requested to enter as the case may be.
- By entering the Competition and accepting the Prize, the winners grant CareersPortal the right to use and publish his/her name and picture in such media as CareersPortal may choose (including but not limited to the internet) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Entrants' personal data, including but not limited to their names, school address and email address, will be collected, stored and processed by CareersPortal for the purposes of administering and assessing the Competition and for engaging in the publicity activities as stated in these terms and conditions. CareersPortal respects the privacy of its customers. The contact details given will only be used for the purposes of contacting any Entrants in relation to shortlisting and prizes. Details will not be retained beyond the life of the Competition, except in the case of prize winners where they will be retained for a period of seven years for record-keeping purposes.
- At any time, an Entrant can make a written request to CareersPortal to have access to all the personal data that CareersPortal holds about the person.
- To the extent permitted by law, CareersPortal does not accept liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner.
- CareersPortal reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Competition or amend these terms and conditions at any time for any valid, technical or commercial reason. CareersPortal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend the Competition, change the Prizes or to amend these terms and conditions in the event of any unforeseen circumstances arising which are beyond its reasonable control without giving prior notice and without liability to any Entrant(s). In the event that the standard of subsmissions in any one of the categories is not of a sufficiently high quality, CareersPortal reserves the right to award additional prizes in one of the other categories.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash, and are non-transferable
- Competitions are not open to CareersPortal employees, agents, contractors or sub-contractors - or their families.
- Any Prize is as stated in any messaging or promotions advertising the Competition. CareersPortal reserves the right at its sole discretion to alter any Prize or substitute the Prize with an item to the same value for any reason and without notification. In the event that the winner declines the Prize awarded to him/her or CareersPortal is unable to contact the winner after reasonable efforts have been made, CareersPortal may award the Prize to another Entrant.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that no form of cheating will be tolerated. Any persons found cheating, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of CareersPortal, will immediately be disqualified from the Competition.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the CarersPortal reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend, withdraw or revise these terms and conditions and the prizes at any time without notice and by continuing to participate in the Competition subsequent to any such review or revision, you are deemed to have agreed to any amendment to the terms and conditions.