BCFE is a college of further and higher education providing vocational education through the provision of excellent teaching and guidance in a caring and supportive learning environment.
Recognising our position within the City of Dublin ETB we have a responsibility to provide educational opportunity and support to all, and in particular to our local community.
Conscious of our educational tradition we continue to be innovative and creative in the provision of courses to meet the needs of our present and prospective learners.
Our courses provide learners with relevant qualifications and competencies enabling them to enter and advance in the work force or continue to further studies.
Our Core Values are:
- Equal opportunities and access.
- Respect for each individual.
- An open and flexible approach to learning.
- Commitment to innovation and improvement.
Our aims are:
- To continue to be a leading provider of further education.
- To be innovative in developing new courses at different levels in a planned and integrated way through consultative processes.
- To further improve the quality of our courses and their delivery.
- To provide a range of courses recognised within the Qualifications Framework.
- To contribute to educational access and opportunity for the local community.
- To develop internal structures appropriate to a college of further and higher education.
- To continue to enhance the physical resources of the college.
- To enable staff to develop their full potential within the college.
- To further develop partnerships with potential and current employers.
- To further develop collaborative relationships with educational institutions
Ballyfermot College of Further Education opened in 1979 as Senior College Ballyfermot and it has been a leader in further education and training in the Republic of Ireland for over three decades. In context of radical social, economic and demographic changes and the corresponding evolution in education, Ballyfermot College has contributed immensely to the development of Post-Leaving Certificate courses for Irish school leavers. It has offered innovative education and training in areas not available in other institutions pioneering Ireland's first programmes in Animation and in Contemporary Music. The college has worked with a range of educational and industrial partners to develop and offer a wide range of successful courses in further and higher education.