Institute of Technology Tallaght - ITT
Dublin view map
The Institute will:
- Offer a range of relevant and flexible learning opportunities within a professional and supportive learning environment, which are career focused.
- Provide increased lifelong learning opportunities commensurate with the career requirements of those living in the region and with the developmental needs of business and industry.
- Promote equality of access and opportunity to widen participation and facilitate all learners in achieving their potential.
- Serve as a leader and centre for the advancement of research, commercial innovation and enterprise development within the region.
- Implement civic engagement initiatives to maximise participation of, and increase opportunities for, all citizens in the development of the region.
- Cultivate a range of international activities and partnerships to advance the core activities and role of the Institute.
IT Tallaght's Values
IT Tallaght will ASPIRE to provide the best higher education institution it can through fostering and encouraging a core set of values across all the activities of the Institute.
Teaching and Learning at IT Tallaght
IT Tallaght offers a broad range of both full-time and part-time Undergraduate Programmes and a number of taught Post Graduate Programmes that are recognised internationally. The Institute prides itself on its commitment to teaching and learning and provides students with opportunities for flexible learning, distance learning, customised on site work based learning and international partnerships. Students are nurtured in a supportive environment that boasts excellent information services, access and career advice, targeted academic supports, health centre, provision for those with disabilities and active clubs and societies.
Enterprise & Innovation at IT Tallaght
Synergy Centre at IT Tallaght is the innovation centre of South Dublin County. With a focus on the high-tech and knowledge intensive sectors, our aim is to enable industry and academia to interact to create viable enterprises for South Dublin County that will secure the area’s future in terms of job creation, innovation and export potential.
Research at IT Tallaght
Research has flourished at IT Tallaght reflecting the high priority attached to it by the Institute. The Institute hosts seven research centres and strategic partnerships with other higher education institutions have been established. The Institute has had tremendous success in winning research funding from national and industry research funding programmes. Research areas include:
- Microbial host interactions, biofilm formation, and the molecular characterisation of infection processes
- Pharmaceutical research and development, including drug discovery, molecular characterisation, toxicity evaluation, and process analytical technology
- Microsensors for clinical research and analysis, including biomedical sensor devices based on electrochemical and other methods of detection
- Computing, including ontologies to model orthogonal aspects of eLearning and enterprise software technologies research
- Biomedical engineering focused on orthopaedics, biomechanics, design, FEA and CFD analysis, and rapid prototyping
- Franco-Irish studies examining the historical, literary, spiritual, cultural and other links between France and Ireland.
We offer a wide range of career-focused QQI Degree and Certificate courses, which are designed to suit a variety of educational backgrounds and career aspirations.
We prioritise the student experience, where we assist students in reaching their true potential both academically and socially, so that they can build rewarding careers and experience interesting and fulfilling lives.
If you decide that IT Tallaght is right for you, then you will benefit from courses, which have a practical and professional emphasis; a student supportive environment; smaller group sizes; and excellent levels of lecturer access and support. Work placements and/or industry projects form a key part of our courses, helping you to become work-ready, and to begin your journey to rewarding employment.
The main focus of all IT Tallaght courses is to prepare the students for the world of work. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality education, and developing enterprise and employment skills for all of our learners. For instance, in a recent IT Tallaght Graduate Survey in 2016, 90% of respondents were either in employment or pursuing further study.
For those who wish to Internationalise their education, IT Tallaght has numerous Study Abroad opportunities in exchange partner institutes in Europe and North America. In many cases, the student will have a choice to learn in the host language or through English.
Sports Clubs & Societies
Being a member of clubs and societies gives students an opportunity to expand their social circle and develop their talents and interests. IT Tallaght has a vast array of Clubs and Societies to suit most interests, and our sporting societies are particularly successful against various third level Institutes and Universities in regional and national tournaments.
The atmosphere for students is supportive, friendly and informal. There is a vibrant social scene in the college, which is launched each year by the Student Union with Fresher’s Week; a week of social events aimed at welcoming the 1st year students to college. After that, there are regular socials throughout the year to ensure that students meet their fellow students and enjoy their time in the college.