National College of Art and Design - NCAD
Dublin view map
The National College of Art and Design (NCAD) occupies a unique position in art and design education in Ireland. It offers the largest range of art and design degrees in the state at undergraduate and postgraduate level. NCAD welcomes applicants who are committed to art and design. It is a preparation for life in both a professional and a broad educational sense..
Why Study at NCAD?
- NCAD is ranked among the worlds top 100 universities for Art & Design (2016, QS University Rankings, World Wide by Subject)
- You will gain a university degree from University College Dublin (UCD) which is ranked in the top 1% of world universities.
- The National College of Art and Design has been the most significant provider of Art & Design Education in Ireland for over 250 years.
- Our Thomas Street location has all the energy and excitement of a university campus with a full academic and student life as well as easy access to the dynamic urban and cultural environment of the city. We've been describes as "a mecca of arts and design study" by The Irish Times.
- Our campus facilities include: individual studio space for all studio based students, the NCAD Library, the National Irish Visual Arts Library (NIVAL), the NCAD Gallery, the student concourse and Student’s Union area, the Lucheonette Café, the student gallery and a garden and outdoor area for sunny days.
FIRST YEAR STUDIES
"First Year really opens your mind to new work and how you actually make great work." Aoife Slevin, First Year
"One of the reasons I came to NCAD was to experience all aspects of art and design." Chenyi Ye, First Year
"I think I’ve grown as a person and matured a lot since I started in NCAD." Genevieve Howard, Fourth Year Jewellery & Metalwork
"It’s a constant learning experience. That’s what I love about designing" William Doherty, Fourth Year Visual Communication
"That’s the cool thing about this college, you have the time and the space and opportunity to put yourself in situations where you can make mistakes." Fabian Strunden, Fourth Year Product Design
“NCAD is a very inclusive and welcoming environment.” Rian Coulter, Third Year Fine Art Print
"The broadness of the course is fantastic. I would honestly recommend it. " Eimear Kinsella, Fourth Year Textile Art & Artefact
"I class myself as an artist teacher. Everything I learn and do in the studio influences what I do in the classroom." Eileen Mooney, Fourth Year Education
"The course makes you question everything you are seeing and think in a completely different way." Grainne Brennan, First Year Visual Culture
More NCAD Student Conversations here
The Centre for Continuing Education in Art and Design (CEAD) is part of the School of Education and offers a range of part-time courses including certificate courses. More information here.