Institute of Technology Carlow
Carlow view map
The courses at Institute of Technology Carlow span the Sciences, Health, Computing, Engineering, Business and Humanities disciplines. Our courses are designed to offer you the very best teaching and academic modules on offer.
Our courses are designed to bring you into direct contact with industry and employers so that you will be amongst the 92% of our graduates who are in full employment within five months of completing your examinations.
Outside the lecture halls and laboratories, we are proud of the culture at Institute of Technology Carlow that puts our students at the heart of everything we do. Our culture of openness, respect and inclusion, whilst offering first-class facilities and amenities on our modern and dynamic campus, allows our students to flourish, make life-long friends and memories that last a lifetime.
The Institute is home to:
- the best aerospace education facility in the country
- pioneering software, games development and cybercrime/IT courses
- renowned information technology facilities
- innovative courses in agri-food including brewing and distilling
- internationally-celebrated sports courses and facilities
- multi-disciplinary courses in the creative and cultural sectors
- a dedicated multi-million euro research and innovation centre
- distinguished postgraduate research courses and
- a huge roll-call of sporting and academic title wins, amongst other honours
A good quality of life for our students with more affordable accommodation, welcoming friendly campus, access to academic staff who know students by name, smaller class sizes and a strategic location with easy access links.
Graduate Employment Rate
Institute of Technology Carlow offers a higher than average employment rate of 93% at graduation and rising further to 96% within six months of graduation. The national graduate employment rate is 85%.
Institute of Technology Carlow offers niche courses, many of which are unique to the Institute, in areas such as : Brewing and Distilling, Agribusiness, Cybercrime and IT Security, Data Science, Aviation and Aerospace Engineering, Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs.
Links with Industry
The Institute is an active collaborator with industry and ensures students are industry ready upon graduation with good networking prospects.
Institute of Technology Carlow currently ranks as the 4th largest of Ireland’s 14 Institutes of Technology with more than 7,500 enrolments through its centres in Carlow, Wexford, and Wicklow.
It is ranked in the top tier ofhigh-performing, university-level institutions by the Higher Education Authority, following international expert review.