University of Limerick - UL
Limerick view map
University of Limerick – Profile
- Our graduate employment rate is consistently higher than the national average
- Affordable living for a better student experience
- Work experience as part of every degree
- Ireland's Sporting Campus
- Our Cooperative Education programme is one of the largest in Europe with a network of over 1700 employers
- Five–star ranking for teaching, employability, innovation and internationalisation
- Exceptional on-campus village style accommodation (over 2500 rooms across 6 student villages)
- Largest international exchange programme in Ireland (ERASMUS and Study Abroad)
- A full suite of scholarships across all disciplines
- 2,500 international students from over 100 countries
UL is Ireland’s youngest and most innovative university
Voted ‘Ireland’s most popular university’, the University of Limerick offers an exceptional student experience. At UL you will find a college experience that will challenge and demand the best of you. In return you will get a top quality education and preparation for life like no other. UL is big enough to keep things interesting, yet small enough to ensure that no one gets lost in the crowd. With over 70 Clubs and Societies, you’re sure to find one that suits your interests.
One of the student villages at UL:
UL offers degree programmes in areas like;
- Business (International Business, Law and Accounting etc)
- Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities (Journalism, Law, Criminal Justice, Languages etc)
- Engineering and Architecture (Engineering Common Entry, Aeronautical Engineering etc)
- Science (Food Science, Equine Science, Biological and Chemical Sciences etc)
- Education (Science Teaching, Woodwork/Metalwork Teaching, PE Teaching)
- Health Sciences (Nursing, Physiotherapy, Paramedic Studies etc)
The University is recognised as possessing one of the most spectacular and environmentally sympathetic university campuses in the world. UL is located along the River Shannon, just 5 km from Limerick city centre. Visitors never fail to be impressed by this peaceful green place with its trees, its fountains and the beautiful river Shannon flowing majestically through it all.
The campus is adorned by unrivalled sports and cultural facilities, including Ireland’s first Olympic-size swimming pool, an indoor sports arena, a boathouse with a state-of-the-art indoor rowing tank, and our newest facility, a 25m diving pool, the only one in the region. The 1,100-seat University Concert Hall shows weekly performances.
The University has been named 'University of the Year 2015’in the Sunday Times Good University Guide. UL has also been placed in the top 200 most international universities in the world in the Times Higher Education rankings.
Make UL your first choice for a real-world, career-focussed education.
For a full listing of all our degree programmes, visit www.ul.ie/courses