TU Dublin - Tallaght
Dublin view map
Technological University Dublin officially came into being on January 1st 2019 and has 28,000 students and more than 3,000 staff, making it the largest university in Ireland. The new university comprises of IT Tallaght, Dublin Institute of Technology and IT Blanchardstown. The main campus will be in Grangegorman, however it will continue to operate out of existing campuses at Tallaght and Blanchardstown.
We aim to:
- Offer a range of relevant and flexible learning opportunities within a professional and supportive learning environment, which are career focused.
- Provide increased lifelong learning opportunities commensurate with the career requirements of those living in the region and with the developmental needs of business and industry.
- Promote equality of access and opportunity to widen participation and facilitate all learners in achieving their potential.
- Serve as a leader and centre for the advancement of research, commercial innovation and enterprise development within the region.
- Implement civic engagement initiatives to maximise participation of, and increase opportunities for, all citizens in the development of the region.
- Cultivate a range of international activities and partnerships to advance the core activities and role of the Institute.
We offer a wide range of career-focused QQI Degree and Certificate courses, which are designed to suit a variety of educational backgrounds and career aspirations.
We prioritise the student experience, where we assist students in reaching their true potential both academically and socially, so that they can build rewarding careers and experience interesting and fulfilling lives.
If you decide that TU Dublin - Tallaght is right for you, then you will benefit from courses, which have a practical and professional emphasis; a student supportive environment; smaller group sizes; and excellent levels of lecturer access and support. Work placements and/or industry projects form a key part of our courses, helping you to become work-ready, and to begin your journey to rewarding employment.
The main focus of all our courses is to prepare the students for the world of work. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality education, and developing enterprise and employment skills for all of our learners. For instance, in a recent Graduate Survey in 2016, 90% of respondents were either in employment or pursuing further study.
For those who wish to Internationalise their education, we have numerous Study Abroad opportunities in exchange partner institutes in Europe and North America. In many cases, the student will have a choice to learn in the host language or through English.
Sports Clubs & Societies
Being a member of clubs and societies gives students an opportunity to expand their social circle and develop their talents and interests. TU Dublin - Tallaght has a vast array of Clubs and Societies to suit most interests, and our sporting societies are particularly successful against various third level Institutes and Universities in regional and national tournaments.
The atmosphere for students is supportive, friendly and informal. There is a vibrant social scene in the college, which is launched each year by the Student Union with Fresher’s Week; a week of social events aimed at welcoming the 1st year students to college. After that, there are regular socials throughout the year to ensure that students meet their fellow students and enjoy their time in the college.