IT Sligo Open Evening
Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
An Open Evening will be held at IT Sligo on Tuesday, January 16th from 6-8pm. The evening will provide school leavers, parents and mature students with a wealth of information about the Institute and the CAO application process, ahead of the February 1st deadline. On the evening, visitors will learn about IT Sligo’s student support services, SUSI, fees and grants and there will be an opportunity to meet and talk with existing students and staff. There will also be a series of talks dealing with the CAO application process, SUSI, mature students and alternative entry routes.
This year, for the first time, IT Sligo will also offer a Parents’ Talk. The Keynote Speaker, Catherine O’Connor, author of ‘Cracking the College Code’, will offer a practical guide to making the most of the first year college experience.
- Getting to know how the third level system works.
- What makes students successful in college?
- Why some students withdraw from college?
- What faces students on that first week in college?
- How to communicate with college offices and staff.
- How to have fun safely.
- Socialising and the law.
- Study and part time work – getting the balance right.
- Parents’ and students’ expectations – are they mismatched?
Visit us also to:
- Learn more about student support services and sports scholarships
- Find out about fees and grants, admission routes
- Meet staff and students
- Hear about the CAO application process, online learning and alternative entry routes – Mature Applicant Entry and ‘Breaking the Mould’ programme