Riverdance Dublin Summer School
Monday, July 29, 2019 12:00 AM to 12:00 AMAdd to My Calendar Monday, July 29, 2019 12:00 AM 12:00 AM Europe/London Riverdance Dublin Summer School - Trinity College Dublin CareersPortal Event Reminder Ireland CareersPortal firstname.lastname@example.org
The Riverdance Dublin Summer School will take place in late July – early August 2019 with each weekly school comprising of 6 days of activity from Monday to Saturday inclusive.
Monday 29th July – Saturday 3rd August 2019
Monday 5th August – Saturday 10th August 2019
For the 6 days of the school the dancers will be immersed in Riverdance in it’s hometown of Dublin and they will take part fully in an exciting schedule of classes and activities. They will:
- Learn the iconic Riverdance choreography from the show, taught by the Riverdance professional dancers.
- Train in all aspects of being a professional dancer from nutrition to fitness and general personal management so as to be prepared for a working life as a performer. Learning from the best dance professionals in the world to understand what it takes to become the best.
- Attend talks from experts in the fields of dance and fitness to learn about strength and conditioning, nutrition, sports psychology and fitness. While most of each day will be spent dancing, there will also be field trips and evening activities.
- Attend a performance of Riverdance at the Gaiety Theatre, Dublin and watch the cast at pre-show rehearsals and rotations.
- Gain insight into how to choreograph new dance numbers and what it takes to put a live performance on stage. On completion of the school students will have gained a wealth of knowledge about the industry.
- Take part in a fully staged rehearsed performance of extracts from Riverdance featuring all the students. This finale performance takes place on the Riverdance set on the Gaiety Theatre Stage in front of an audience of family and friends.