Pre-University Programmes at Monaghan Institute
Another way to access your preferred course at third level.
Monaghan Institute have a suite of Pre-University programmes commencing this September:
- Pre-University Animal & Agri-Sciences
- Pre-University Arts
- Pre-University Business & Accounting
- Pre-University Computing
- Pre-University Health & Social Studies
- Pre-University Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Pre-University Sports Studies
These courses are proving to be an increasingly popular path to assist students in accessing their preferred degree choice at third level.
The programmes enable learners to gain a foundation level of knowledge in their chosen field with a focus on progression to degrees. As university preparation courses they include many benefits:
- Universities have increased programme links and reserved places for QQI learners in recognition of the value of this route to Higher Education.
- Boost learner’s skills and confidence before they begin more intensive study as part of degree programme.
- Learners become familiar with routine college skills including: research skills, referencing, management of continuous assessment and assignment development.
- Courses are short – typically no longer than one year. They also contain vocational placements, which is beneficial for UCAS applications.
If you are interested in completing a Pre-University course with us, please visit www.monaghaninstitute.ie to browse and apply.
Also visit Monaghan Institute during our next Open Evening on Wednesday 28th August 2019 from 4pm until 7pm to discuss your options with our experience staff and guidance counsellors.