Revised New Programme: Bachelor of Business in Management
This programme in Management uses an inter-disciplinary and applied approach in design and delivery. It is underpinned by practical application of theory and practice related to modern business and its management. This programme allows students to work across a wide range of industry sectors. Past students have gained employment in leading organisations such as:
- Google, Citi Bank, Coca Cola, Board na Mona, Primark and AIB.
- Successfully set up and manage their own businesses in a variety of different sectors.
- Work in a broad spectrum of roles.
- Progress to qualify as secondary school teachers.
- Participate in post graduate study in all third level institutions in Ireland and abroad.
The Department prides itself on its strong industry links and its approach to supporting our students in the preparation and securing of employment. Our graduates have achieved enormous career success and are sought after by a range of employers for their broad practical skills.
Our capstone project, Business Simulation for the Level 7 Programme involves the students managing a digital business. This allows students to apply their skills in real time whilst having the safety of digital learning environment.
Our capstone project strategy for Level 8 is multifaceted. The Executive Skill Development module will encourage professional and public speaking capabilities, executive precision presentation skills and develop corporate flair. The Strategy modules, amongst others, will involve the student in industry review, honing analytical skills. Students are encouraged and assisted to gain relevant and practical experience through summer internships with professional services firms and industry.Programme key Facts
The Management Programme is characterized by a student-centred approach. Students will be challenged to develop an intrinsic interest in in their own professional development. We enable student to build business knowledge and apply practical skills through the medium of six modern Pathways.
These Pathways are as follows:
- Business Practice, Legal & Management Practice
- Personal & People Development
- Information Systems
- Finance & Governance
- Industry & Business
This programme offers you the opportunity to develop practical skills in a broad range of subjects including:
- Retail Management and International Services
- Accounting and Information Technology
- Business Management, Enterprise and Operations
- Human Resource Management
- Business Simulation and Innovation
- Strategy, Global Supply Chain
- Law and Ethics
These modules are designed to develop the core technical skills you will require in the role of a manager in business as well as the broader skills to assist with professional and ethical decision making in a digital world.
*All modules are proposed and as such may change