Bachelor of Business in International Business
The International Business Degree is designed to create a ‘Business Ready’ Graduate. Students will be dynamic and resourceful business people who are multi skilled, culturally sensitive and internationally aware. You will study a range of business and cultural topics and develop essential business skills in Innovation, Enterprise, Communication, Information
Technology, Teamwork and Problem Solving—all vital for success in today's global business environment.
Most importantly the focus is on you, the student. One of our core Pathways is all about your personal development, creating your core competencies to enable you to flourish in a services innovation based economy. You can choose to study a Language or if you prefer study another exciting business related module instead. The choice is yours.
The International Business Programme will enable you to navigate new environments, an ability to look at a project or situation from different perspectives, gain an understanding of diverse issues, cultures and the confidence to take calculated risks.
Your combination of business experience, cultural awareness and international knowledge will present a particularly attractive package to employers. You will have the potential to choose from a host of paths, including International / multinational management, diverse roles in SME’s, Business corporations, agencies, tourism and trade.Work Placements or Industry Projects
The Department prides itself on its strong industry links and its approach to supporting our students in the preparation and securing of employment. Our graduates have achieved enormous career success and are sought after by a range of employers for their broad practical skills.
In year three, students have the option of undertaking a placement in an international business. This could include a semester studying in IT Tallaght’s partner institutes or completing an international work placement.
Students are encouraged and assisted to gain relevant and practical experience through summer internships with professional services firms and industry.Programme key Facts
The programme has been designed to reflect a modern and contemporary approach to business.
- There are 5 core pathways for students that evolve over the course of your degree. These are International Business, Personal Development, Business Practice, IT for Business and Finance & Performance Management.
- In addition, you can choose to specialize your Elective choice in Business modules or in a Language.
- Semester 6 comes with a placement opportunity in an international business setting- giving you the chance to apply your learning and hone your skills.
- In year 4, you will study a range of business and industry specific topics and develop essential business skills in business planning, strategy, market management, law and export management.
- The International Business Project Modules allow you to showcase your work, talents and abilities. You will gain knowledge, become creative, innovative and build your executive skills through teamwork and problem solving—all vital for success in today's internationally integrated business environment and economy
- Smaller class sizes coupled with a vibrant team of approachable and engaging lecturers that possess expert and practical industry experience, provides a more personal and engaging classroom dynamic between students and lecturers.
- The Personal Development pathway gives you the opportunity to grow as a person, develop your C.V. and ensures you enter the job market as a capable and confident graduate.
This programme offers you the opportunity to develop practical, applicable and contemporary skills in a broad range of subjects such as:
- Business simulation
- Cross Cultural Management
- Global Business and Emerging Markets
- Personal and Professional Development
These modules are designed to develop the core technical skills you will require to navigate modern international and global business roles.
The programme places a strong emphasis on developing your computing skills with a clear IT pathway in all semesters.