Level 6 Specific Purpose Certificate in Farming (6S20487)GREEN CERT - PART TIME OPTION
Entrants must be at least 23 years of age. There is no upper age limit.
- The October 2019 Part Time Course will be delivered on Monday and Wednesday evenings 7-10pm.
- There will be an Introductory Evening (for accepted / confirmed applicants only) in October, and classes will commence in November - please see Timetable for further detail.
- Classes are a mix of Practical and Theory work. Students are assessed on practical skills as well as theory knowledge, and are required to keep a diary of what is happening on their own home farms.
- Course duration is hours based (a minimum of 150hrs is required). Students who do not attend, or do not successfully complete all assignments / assessments, first time around will not complete the course successfully within the Timetabled timeframe.
- Students are required to spend 1 full week in summertime at Gurteen College (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm).
- Upon successful completion students will be awarded with a Level 5 Certificate in Agriculture (5M20454) and a Level 6 Specific Purpose Certificate in Farming (6S20487) – it is the Level 6 that will cover all Green Cert requirements.
- This course is commonly referred to as the Night or Part Time Green Cert course.
- Places for this course are limited and will be filled on a first come first served basis.To apply successfully please return the application form, completed fully, together with all supporting documents and payment in full (€1700 or €2700). Incomplete applications may be rejected, as may applications which have no payment or in event of a cheque failing to lodge successfully.
- Payment methods in order of preference: Bank Draft, Postal Order, Cash (in person), Cheque, or Electronic Transfer (call us to arrange) – all are payable to Gurteen College. Do not send cash in the post.
- Please do not ring regarding the possibility of delaying payment or agreeing a payment plan as theserequests cannot be accommodated. Please note that refunds cannot be given once the course has formally commenced.
Click here for full details on the Distance Education Green Cert.
Telephone: (067) 21282/21226
Roscrea Email: email@example.com
Co. Tipperary Website: www.gurteencollege.iecv