New Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
50 Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships, valued at â‚¬2,000 each, will be offered, for competition on the basis of results obtained in the Irish Leaving Certificate Examination and will be allocated to the programmes below, as follows:
- Bachelor of Education (MI005) 19 scholarships
- Bachelor of Education (Gaeltacht applicants, MI006) 1 scholarship
- Bachelor of Arts (MI002) 15 scholarships
- BA in Early Childhood Care and Education (MI007) 5 scholarships
- MIC, St Patrick's Campus, Thurles programmes 5 scholarships (MI009/MI010/MI01/MI012)
- B.Ed. in Education and Psychology (MI008) 3 scholarships
- BA in Contemporary & Applied Theatre Studies (MI001) 2 scholarships
The scholarships are tenable only in Mary Immaculate College, for the First Year of a full-time primary degree programme to be undertaken at MIC, in the academic year following the Leaving Certificate Examination on which the award is based.
To be eligible to receive a scholarship, a student must have met the normal entry requirements for the degree programme in question and have been validly registered for same. A student who has previously registered for a programme leading to a degree in any third level college shall not be eligible for the award of an Undergraduate Entrance Scholarship.
Scholarships shall be awarded in order of merit in accordance with the standard scoring system for Leaving Certificate results. Only performance in the six best subjects taken at the same sitting of the Leaving Certificate will be counted.
If the holder of an Undergraduate Entrance Scholarship withdraws from the programme for which s(he) has registered, or fails to continue throughout the year to meet the attendance and other requirements for the programme, including examination entry, s(he) may be required to repay to the College the whole or part of the scholarship.
No special application form is required for Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships. Successful students will be notified directly.