New Level 6 Animal Care Course
Animal Care Level 6 - 6M5153This course is designed to equip learners with the knowledge and the skills to work in a variety of areas within the Animal Health Care sector, or to progress to Higher Education through the Higher Education Links Scheme. Learners will study core areas of Animal Health Care and are enabled to put theory into practice through experiential learning. Regular field trips and the handling of a wide variety of animals are key features of this course.
- Level 5 QQI Award in Animal Care (Veterinary Assistant)
- Mature applicants with relevant experience welcome
- Animal Science & Health 6N5565
- Animal Behaviour 6N5568
- Humans, Animals & Society 6N5569
- Large Animal Husbandry 6N5567
- Work Experience 6N1946
- Animal Grooming 6N6226
- Grooming Science 6N6227
- Leadership 6N2191
QQI Level 6 Award in Animal Care (6M5153)
HOW THE COURSE IS TAUGHT
- SligoCFE has developed a style of teaching to meet the needs of a diverse community of learners.
- Whenever possible, we use a Learn-by-Doing approach to make the learning experience more realistic and enjoyable.
- We provide learning supports that are tailored to meet the needs of individual learners.
- Regular field trips and the handling of a wide variety of animals are key features of this course.
- Students who successfully complete the course may gain entry to Third Level Institutes and Colleges through the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme.
PROGRESSION TO HIGHER EDUCATION
Graduates may seek employment in: veterinary clinics, dog grooming parlours, pet shops, catteries/dog kennels, animal welfare organisations, agricultural, science industries, farms (including petting farms), zoos, wildlife parks, and self-employment.
This is full-time one-year course and runs from September to May (Tuesday to Friday)