Exciting New Courses in Teaching and Education
In keeping with our aim of keeping ahead of the curve, Sallynoggin College has introduced some further new courses in teaching and education:
- Pre University Primary and Post Primary Teacher Training QQI Level 5
- Early Childhood Care and Education with Montessori QQI Level 5
- Inclusive Education and Training with Disability Studies and Special Needs Assisting QQI Level 6
Pre University Primary and Post Primary Teacher Training QQI Level 5
The emphasis of this Primary and Post Primary Teaching Preparation course is to enable students to progress to degree programmes in:
- Primary School Teaching –
For learners who have achieved the minimum Leaving Certificate entry requirements for primary school teaching, but who did not achieve a H4 in Higher Level Irish. The learner will complete Leaving Certificate Higher Level Irish and will achieve the QQI Award in Childhood Education and Training 5M3635.
- Post Primary School Teaching
- Direct employment opportunities within the Early Childhood Education and Training sector
- Eligible to apply through CAO for Primary and Secondary School Teaching degree programmes
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team in the Early Childhood Sector
- Curriculum Development Assistant
- Family Support Worker
- Trainer in early educational specialised area
- Co-ordinator of Free Pre-School year (ECCE scheme) in services
Early Childhood Care and Education with Montessori, QQI Level 5 equips the learner with the practical skills necessary for employment in the Early Childhood Education sector. This course will involve intensive study of the Maria Montessori method. This includes a range of core and specialist subjects, enabling the learner to pursue their particular interest in this approach to this pre school curriculum.
Inclusive Education and Training with Disability Studies and Special Needs Assisting, QQI Level 6, will train students to use their teaching and learning skills to enable individuals with disabilities to overcome barriers in the workplace and educational settings.
It will lead to employment opportunities in Pre, Primary and Secondary schools, and also within the Public and Private Health Sector in centres for adults and children with disabilities. SCFE graduates may also use this qualification to progress to Higher Education Institutes and Universities to study degree programmes.
More New Courses you might like to check out:
- Pilates Teaching including Somatic Studies QQI Level 6, ITEC, REPS Ireland
- Yoga Teaching including Wellbeing and Holistic Studies QQI Level 5, ITEC, REPS Ireland
Both the Pilates and Yoga teaching courses are delivered in the mornings, Monday to Friday.
Other new courses include the introduction of Musical Theatre to the Dance course, which will enable students to acquire a broader range of skills in Dance, Performance and Musical Theatre. This course complements our existing Performing Arts training. The enhanced range of performing arts skills is vital in this increasingly competitive field to ensure that our students can compete with the all-singing, all-dancing all-acting ‘triple threat’ performer!
Transition Year Students
We also welcome Transition Year students who are interested in completing their work experience under the expert supervision of our highly trained staff in our departments, Fitness and Personal Training being a very popular choice for students. This is a unique opportunity to experience professional level training, along with the exciting buzz of student life in Sallynoggin College!
No CAO points are required for entry to Sallynoggin College, and students can use QQI Level 5 & Level 6 as stepping stones to apply for CAO places. This also allows Applied Leaving Certificate students to access Degree level further study.
Sallynoggin College of Further Education is conveniently located within walking distance of Dun Laoghaire, and is well served by public transport. Students can also avail of our free, secure parking.
So go on – get into your stride for 2019 with these exciting new coursesat Sallynoggin College of Further Education.
01 2852997 Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @SCFEOfficial