NEW Bachelor of Science (Education) in Mathematics and Computer ScienceCAO Code: LM097
This degree, with a specialism in teaching Mathematics and Computer Science, is designed to produce graduates with the mathematical knowledge and skills to satisfy the needs of Irish Second-level schools in teaching the Maths curriculum.
Graduates will also be qualified to teach the new Leaving Certificate Computer Science curriculum, as well as short courses in coding and digital literacy for junior cycle.
Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established Leaving Certificate (or an
approved equivalent) with a minimum of six subjects which must include:
● Two H5 (Higher level) grades and four O6 (Ordinary level) grades or four H7 (Higher level)
● Subjects must include Mathematics, Irish or another language, and English.
● Applicants must hold a H4 grade in mathematics.
● Students admitted to the programme are required to undergo a Garda Vetting process.
● We welcome applications from mature students. Mature applicants must apply through the
Central Applications Office (CAO) by 1st February.
For more information on this course click here.