UL Sports Scholarships Deadline 1st March
Deadline – 5pm Friday 1st March 2019
The UL Sports Scholarships are designed to support top athletes in pursuing and excelling in their sport while also undertaking academic study at the University of Limerick.
The scholarships are open to all current, full time, UL students or those who are applying to come to UL for the first time either through CAO or transferring at undergraduate or postgraduate level. Applicants must be a member of a national governing body of sport recognised by the Irish Sports Council, in the sport in which they are applying for a scholarship.
Scholarships will be offered at 3 levels:
Support towards a training grant, accommodation, registration, sports science support, coaching and gym membership. Valued at more than €10,000 per year.
Support towards a training grant, accommodation, registration, sports science support, coaching and gym membership. Valued at more than €5,000 per year.
Support towards a training grant, sports science support, coaching and gym membership. Valued at more than €1,200.
In addition UL will support all of the athletes with workshops and academic mentoring to help them achieve success in both academic and sporting careers.
Other UL Sports Scholarships
Applicants for UL Sports Scholarships will automatically be considered for a number of other sport specific scholarships.
- The Bank of Ireland GAA High Performance Scholarships - download brochure
- The Michael Hillary and Jacinta O’Brien Athletics Scholarships
- The Plassey Campus Company / Swim Ireland Bursaries
- Ireland’s Sporting Campus
The University of Limerick has always been a leader in sport in Ireland. The campus boasts some of the best sports facilities in Europe and together with leading sports academic programmes, elite coaches, sports scientists, accommodation and athlete support systems UL has a track record of developing world class talent in a wide variety of sports. Our facilities include:
- UL Sport Arena including the National Strength and Conditioning Centre, 50m Olympic pool, suspended running track and basketball arena
- Largest all-weather sports field complex in Europe
- Indoor rowing tank
- The National Altitude Training Centre
- 400m oudoor and 60m indoor athletics tracks
- 30 acres of playing fields, tennis courts and batting cages.
Applications for a UL Sports Scholarships can be made via the application form on this page.
You must be a current Athlete, pursuing a full time academic course. Any queries can be emailed directly to email@example.com
Closing date for Applications is the 1st of March 2019 at 5PM