Why study Arts at UL?
Programme of the month: LM002 - Bachelor of Arts
At the University of Limerick, we deliver an Arts Degree which is flexible and wide-ranging, offering 19 subjects in all. You can study a combination of subjects (as Single Honours or Joint Honours) from across the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences: from familiar arts subjects such as English, French, German, or History, to newer subjects such as, Drama and Theatre Studies or Linguistics with TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). In the course of your study you will have opportunities - unique to the UL curriculum - to work, to travel, and to study abroad.
Subjects offered through this degree:
- Drama and Theatre Studies
- Irish Music and Dance
- Linguistics with TESOL
- New Media and Cultural Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Public Administration and Leadership
- Theology and Religious Studies
Unique Features of Arts at UL
- Off Campus Programme – In semesters 4 and 5 you will participate in an off-campus programme. Semester 4 is ordinarily dedicated to a period of cooperative education/work experience. Semester 5 is spent on study abroad in one of our many partner institutions across Europe, the Americas and Australasia. UL’s dedicates Coop and Careers Office will help you find the work placement that best suits your course of study and your aspirations, while out international Education Office will find you a place at one of our partner institutions best suited to our chosen subject(s) in a part of the world that appeals to your intellectual and cultural curiosity.
- Final Year Research Destination – In your final year you will complete a Final Year Dissertation. This is a unique opportunity to complete an extended piece of research and analysis on a topic which you will design with guidance an direction from an academic supervisor in your chosen area.
- Broadening Skills Modules – Throughout this degree, you will talk Broadening and Skills modules. Broadening modules allow student to study topics from outside of your subject choices. Skills modules will be provided to give students the skills required for academic study in the University.
Level: NFQ Level 8 major Award Honours Bachelor Degree
Length: 4 Years
CAO points: 363
Course leader: Dr James Carr
Tel: 00 353 61 213578