This short course in CSPE aims to inform, inspire, empower and enable young people to participate as active citizens in contemporary society at local, national and global levels, based on an understanding of human rights and social responsibilities.
How will Civic, Social & Political Education [SC] be useful to me?
Civic, Social and Political Education (CSPE) contributes to building the skills you will need to contribute positively to a democratic society and to promote sustainable living.
It gives you an understanding of social, economic and political structures at local, national and global levels and the opportunity to imagine and create ways in which you can make a difference to the lives of individuals and communities.
- Help you to question, critique and evaluate what is happening in the world;
- Provide you with an understanding of their human rights and social responsibilities;
- Prompt you to consider how to create a more sustainable future for all;
- Raise your awareness of what it means to live responsibly in a democracy;
- Provide you with the opportunity to take action and influence change around local, national and global issues.
CSPE is an important part of a wellbeing programme within junior cycle. It enables you to grow in awareness of how your wellbeing is connected to the wellbeing of others, locally and globally. It also develops your sense of responsibility for the wellbeing of others.