How will Ancient Greek be useful to me?
The classical languages will be useful to you in:
- helping you solve problems and think for yourself
- helping you to express yourself and your ideas more clearly
- increasing your vocabulary
- helping you to learn other languages
- improving your general knowledge.
You can also continue studying classical languages at third level when you leave school.
Note: A revised specification that combines the current junior cycle subjects of Latin, Ancient Greek and Classical Studies into a single subject called Classics will be taken by first year students from September 2019.