The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) has a mission to play a leading role in transforming Ireland into a society based on sustainable energy structures, technologies and practices.
Our strategic objectives are:
- Implementing strong energy efficiency actions that radically reduce energy intensity and usage
- Accelerating the development and adoption of technologies to exploit renewable energy source
- Supporting evidence-based responses that engage all actors, supporting innovation and enterprise for our low-carbon future.
SEAI manages programmes aimed at:
- supporting Government decision-making through advocacy, analysis and evidence
- driving demand reduction and providing advice to all users of energy
- driving the decarbonisation of energy supply
- raising standards in sustainable energy products and services
- building markets based on quality, confidence and proven performance
- fostering innovation and entrepreneurship
- improving the coherence of Irish energy research and development
SEAI financed by Ireland’s EU Structural Funds Programme co-funded by the Irish Government and the European Union.